Interested in taking online surveys but not sure if you should? Here some tips that will help keep your personal information safe, and will help you reap the rewards of being an online surveys panelist.
2. Look for panels approved by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and that have privacy policies reviewed by TRUSTe or features the WebTrust for Online Privacy Seal of Assurance.
3. Beware of "survey websites" asking you to receive information for special offers and other survey panels during registration - these websites may sell your name and information to other companies that will send you spam.
4. Always set up a separate e-mail account exclusively for survey invitations. This will make it easier for you to see how many surveys you have received, and will avoid spam being sent to your personal e-mail address, should you make a mistake and register with an unreputable surveys website.
5. Beware of "survey websites" that ask for overtly personal information such as your bank account information, credit card numbers, full names of family members, etc. A real online market research company would never ask you to provide this type of information.
6. Be cautious of "get rich quick" websites. You cannot get rich taking online surveys. However, you can make a decent amount of cash on the side participating in surveys.
7. Legitimate online survey e-mail invitations will provide information on the type of study being conducted, the survey length, and the incentive for completion. Do not respond or click on e-mail "survey invitations" that feature ads to win products, cash, etc. These e-mails are not coming from legitimate market research companies!
8. Some research companies will ask you to download software after registration. This software usually tracks your web browsing habits and the information is then sent to marketers. It is OK to download this software if you can verify a legitimate market research firm is running the site - do your homework to make sure that this is indeed the case.
9. Look for mentions of marketing association memberships on survey panel websites. Reputable associations include CASRO (Council of American Survey Research Organizations) and the AAPOR (American Association for Public Opinion Research).
10. Your opinion counts! Marketers truly are interested in what you think, enough to reward you with cash and prizes just for sharing your thoughts. Stay cautious when registering with online survey panels, but when you've found a reputable panel - have fun and reap the rewards of being a panellist!
Writing is one of the best ways to bring out an individual’s creativity. With the power of pen, writers have moved governments, started political revolutions and written wonderful love stories. The point that we are trying to make is, writing can say it all. If writing is something that interests you, then you can take it up as a profession. Writing jobs are available in various forms. It all depends upon what kind of work you are interested in.
You may be interested in writing novels, short stories, articles, copywriting, resume or any other form of writing. For each of these categories there are assignments available. It needs to be noted that the best way to start off with a writing job is to hunt work over the Internet. There are online portals where different kinds of writing jobs are available. A good idea would be to start of with shorter versions of writing such as web content writing. These writings do not require a publisher to publish your work and if you can deliver quality you can begin a long term career in writing. Web content writing requires a writer to write short articles, reviews, and blogs to be published on a website. The articles are short and the word count varies between 200-800 words. If you have a strong command over language and a certain degree of research capabilities, this is one of the easiest ways to start earning money from a writing job.
Students at graduate levels often require help to edit their term papers and essays. There are portals which take up these jobs and execute them to perfection. If you have competencies in any particular subject you can enroll yourself as a writer in any of the portals and start getting jobs. If you can deliver the job to the client’s satisfaction then you can start earning handsome money. If you are interested in short story writing and novels you need to hunt for a publisher who is ready to publish your stories in print. There are online publishing portals which also publish stories and try to market them on behalf of the writers.
Writing jobs are also published on the many online national newspapers. You need to look in the job postings section to find writing jobs which match your skills. You can also join online Internet newsgroup or message boards which helps you to connect with other writers and get leads. The chances of getting a writing job are higher if you can display some previous experience in the job that you are applying. There are a number of ways in which you can gain writing experience. Some of them are submitting articles to online magazines and forums. A writing job helps you to develop a broader knowledge base apart from the monetary benefits that you gain.